Camping Features Activities Photo Album Find Us Coupon Special Links
FROSTY ACRES, LLC RULES & REGULATIONS
DBA: Frosty Acres RV & Camping Resort
1560 Skyline Drive Schenectady, New York 12306 Reservation Phone: (518) 864-5352 Fax: (518) 864-5606
These rules are for ALL Campers and visitors. Failure to comply with these rules can result in temporary or permanent expulsion from the park, without refund.
Web page: http://frostyacrescampground.com
1) CHECK IN: 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. CHECK OUT: NOON. PARK SPEED LIMIT: 5 miles per hour.
CAMPSITES: Camper and visitors will conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Use facilities at your own risk. Registered camper will be fully responsible for the conduct of their children and visitors. Each campsite is be provided 1 picnic table and 1 fire ring or fire place per campsite. Please do not take from another campsite. VISITORS: Must register upon arrival with park guard or camp store prior to use of the resort. Any vehicles without proper window pass will be asked for proof of registration.
CHILDREN AGES 8 AND YOUNGER will be with their parent or guardian. Children 16 and under will not be left unattended. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 will be at their campsite by 10 p.m. and/or with their PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIANS.
PETS: LIMIT THREE (3) PETS PER SITE. All pets must be registered at time of check in, and show current proof of Rabies Vaccinations, (Veterinary certificate). All pets kept on leashes or in your RV and under control at all times. Complaints of attacks and/or uncontrolled barking dogs will be just cause for removal without refund. Pet owners are required to clean up after their pets immediately. NO pets are allowed on the beach, pool area, and camp store or recreation hall.
CAMP SITE LIMITATIONS - 1 trailer with 1 tent or, 2 tents, a maximum of 10 people per Site. 2 Cars per campsite, extra parking in designated parking. Roadways must be kept clear at all times. Sites must be kept neat and uncluttered. ** Patrons are responsible for the cleanliness of their site. NO clothes lines allowed.
SEWER CONNECTIONS: Connections must be airtight! Screw & Clamp connectors are required, seat sewer hoses with sewer hose donuts. (If you do not have one, you can purchase them at the camp store), * NO discharging or waster/sewage or gray water on the ground is permitted. * All wastewater must be dumped at designated dump station or be pumped out by park personnel on designated day. NO dumping of grey or black water is allowed; anyone dumping will be just cause for removal without refund.
GARBAGE: ONLY regular household. Collection at 1:00 p.m. in front of your campsite. NO garbage left out after pickup time or overnight. **We do not take ANY propane cylinders. ** NO BLACK garbage bags ONLY clear or see-through garbage bags. If your trash was not picked up you did not follow the above rules.
2) QUIET HOURS: 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. (Excessive noise will not be permitted at any time.) Resort-sponsored member activities may extend beyond posted quiet hours. With that there will not be any roaming around the park after midnight.
3) SEASONAL Campsites: ALL OUTSIDE REFRIGERATORS MUST BE SECURED i.e. hasp and padlocked, Frosty Acres Campground will not be responsible for stolen or lost property or possibility of children becoming trapped.
NO permanent decks, fixtures added to any campsites.
Golf carts must be registered each year with management prior to use, and signed waiver. Adherence of all rules as stated in Golf Cart Waiver. Frosty Acres Campground will not be responsible for any damage. Owner must have own insurance.
Phone and or cable/satellite require Management prior approval to installation, no digging or installing of posts, no wires left above ground.
Party tents (i.e. tarps larger than 10' x 10') will not be up on a permanent basis, a MAXIMUM limit of 3 days only.
4) UNATTENDED VEHICLES: RVs SHOULD NOT BE UNATTENDED FOR MORE THAN 48 HOURS. We recommended putting your refrigerator on propane versus electric due to brown outs; we are not responsible for loss.
5) PROPANE: Propane tank limitations - what comes with the trailer and (1) for gas grill, NO storage of extra tanks at park. Propane refill hours 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Inquire at the store.
6) LAUNDRY / SHOWERS: Located in rear of Recreation Hall and basement of Main Lodge.
7) HELP: In the case of an emergency, accident or you need HELP! Notify PARK PERSONNEL. If you call 911 on your own, The PARK needs notification, to implement emergency procedures.
8) MESSAGES: Messages are posted at the Camp Store; ONLY Emergency messages will be delivered.
9) SMOKING: ALLOWED IN DESIGNATED AREAS ONLY. Smokers put your butts out in proper receptacles.
10) **THE FOLLOWING ARE TOTALLY PROHIBITED**
NO WASHING OF TRAILERS OR VEHICLES
NO OIL CHANGING
NO MOTORIZED BIKES, SCOOTERS OR QUADS
Disorderly conduct, intoxication, profane language
Speeding Park Speed limit: 5 miles per hour.
Possession of firearm guns, paint guns, bows and/or arrows
Defacing of trees, cutting/burning trees or shrubs or dead falls
NO GLASS containers around the park.
NO fishing allowed on beach area. Fishing done by the Catch and Release Rule.
NO children's motorized vehicles allowed (i.e. cars, golf carts, trucks, bikes or trikes).
11) FIRES: only in fire receptacles (NO bonfires). NO fires left unattended. * WOOD to be on pallets, and off the ground. * Purchase wood from the camp store during normal hours.
12) BICYCLES, and skateboards ridden in the park until dusk, New York State law states that ALL children 14 and under must wear a helmet. Riders NOT complying, privileges will be suspended.
13) * POOL & BEACH REGULATIONS: Memorial Day to Labor Day
BATHING FACILITY: NEVER SWIM ALONE. A minimum of two (2) adults, 18 years of age or older, must be present whenever this swimming facility is in use, with at least one (1) adult on the pool deck or beachfront. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR ADEQUATE SUPERVISION. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied to the bathing facility by a parent or guardian, or similar adult responsible for their safety and behavior.
NO Diving or horseplay allowed. Portable electrical devices, such as radios within the reach of bathers, shall be prohibited. Pollution of bathing facility prohibited.
NO urinating, discharge of fecal matter, expectorating or blowing the nose in any bathing facility is prohibited. NO jeans, NO cut-offs, NO diapers.
IN AN EMERGENCY, NOTIFY THE PARK PERSONNEL. (Pool phone pick up and store answers for assistance - Beach - Lifeguard will call on radio to store/security for assistance). Only use Pool and Beach during posted hours of operation use is prohibited at any other time. Bathing at night or during electrical thunderstorms is prohibited. Donít drink alcohol and swim.
PADDLEBOAT OR CANOE: Operation only when lifeguard present. Sign out in store, by/and occupied by an adult, 18 or older, all must use life preservers, no fishing from paddleboat or canoe.
*Per Health Department*
**Violators will be fined $100.00 per each infraction, and lose camping privileges **
The park has the right to change any of the rules in the park, and will advise of such changes.
Updated as of MAY 2011. ALL previous editions are obsolete.
1560 Skyline Dr. , Schenectady, NY 12306
Reservation Phone: (518) 864-5352
Office / Rental Phone & Fax: (518) 864-5606